CHECK-IN: 3:00pm – Keys and/or garage door remotes can be picked up at our office, unless other arrangements have been made.
CHECK-OUT: 10:00am – Keys and/or garage door remotes can be returned to our office/dropbox.
September – May our office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
June – August our office is open Monday thru Saturday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you cannot accommodate these times, please let us know immediately.
Our office is located at 3685 Ocean Front Walk.
DURING YOUR STAY:
• Linens and towels are provided based upon normal occupancy and use. The kitchens are fully stocked with cookware, flatware, dinnerware, drink ware, and etc. We do not supply any perishables for safety reasons.
• We supply enough bar soap, paper towels, toilet paper, dishwashing soap, dishwasher detergent and trash bags to begin your stay. We do not supply laundry detergent..
• We review inventory weekly; please notify us if you find anything missing or broken. We strive to provide well-appointed units and appreciate your comments and feedback.
• Barbecues located in common areas are for the use of all tenants.
• When stocking the refrigerator, you must wait 24 hours before the temperature returns to normal. DO NOT turn the temperature up; this will slow the process.
• All units are maintained as “Smoke-Free.” Please use the outside patio areas.
• Exceeding established occupancy limits, or any misrepresentation of tenancy, may consequently cause a cancellation of tenancy as well as forfeiture of rent.
• Any entertaining which might result in damage to the premises, or that interferes with the peaceful enjoyment of neighboring occupants, is strictly prohibited.
• Trash pickup is every Tuesday morning; please make sure receptacles are out and accessible Monday evening, and then put away again by Tuesday evening.
• Please make sure to shake or rinse all sand off towels, toys, bodies, etc. before entering the unit. Excessive sand in unit will result in an additional charge of $50.
• Please leave the dishes, utensils, and appliances clean. Please do not start laundry.
• All trash is to be disposed in the receptacles provided on the property (black bins).
• All recyclables are to be broken down and/or washed out, these items go in BLUE Bins.
• Make sure all lights, appliances, heaters are off; windows/doors are shut and locked.
• Return keys/garage door remotes to our office by 10:00am. There is a drop-box on the pedestrian door on the north side of the building. Do not leave keys in unit.
o A $200.00 additional charge will be imposed for anyone checking out later than 10:00am without prior consent before the day of check-out. No late check-outs or early check-ins May – September. No exceptions.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions. In case of emergency, please contact our office at 858-488-1580 x-106.
• ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING. NO BEER PONG. NO KEGS. NO PETS.
• Age Requirement – Minimum age requirement is 25, unless child(ren) accompanied by (a) parent.
• Reservation Confirmation – reservations are held for five days awaiting the deposit. If after five days we have not received the deposit, and alternate arrangements have not been made with management, the unit will be placed back on the market.
• Cancellations – A $75.00 cancellation fee is automatically imposed on all cancelled reservations. All advance rents are forfeited on cancellations within 60 days prior to arrival unless the unit is re-rented for the same rate and time period.
• Vacation Rental Insurance – has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully, and contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 with coverage questions.
• Check-out – A $200.00 additional charge will be imposed for anyone checking out later than 10:00am without prior consent before the day of check-out.
• No late check-outs or early check-ins May – September. No exceptions.
• Supplies – Premises are equipped with linens, towels, dishes and cooking utensils based upon normal occupancy and use. We provide starter supplies of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, hand soap, and dishwasher detergent to begin your stay. Laundry detergent is not provided.
• We do not provide any perishables of any kind (i.e. salt, pepper, spices) for guest safety reasons.
• Surfboards, rollerblades, and bicycles are available for rent at nearby shops.
• Keys – Keys can be picked up from our office at 3685 Ocean Front Walk at check-in (3:00pm) until close (4:30pm) – please notify management if you can not accommodate these times so alternate arrangements can be made. Keys are to be returned at check-out (10:00am) either directly to our office or to the drop box located on the back door of our office, on the north side of the building.
• Parking – All units have at least one designated parking place. Additional parking can be found on public streets/lots. 24-hour parking is not allowed in most public lots – please adhere to posted parking limitations to avoid ticketing and/or towing.
• Condition of Property – Occupants agree to keep the premises, furnishings, and appliances clean, in good repair, and to pay for any damages. If any furniture is moved from its original position please return to original position. If premises are found in an unacceptable condition upon arrival, report to management immediately. If no report is made, we will presume that the premises are acceptable.
• Please note that our units have not been child-proofed. Including, but not limited to, window or cabinet locks, furniture corner covers, and stair gates. If you are concerned about child safety, we recommend bringing any additional items you feel necessary to abate such concerns.
• Cleaning – Occupant will be responsible to leave the dishes, utensils, and appliances clean. All trash is to be disposed in the receptacles provided on the property.
• Please do not start laundry at check out.
• Security Deposit – Refundable within 21 days after premises are vacated, less any charges for damage, missing items, and/or any additional housecleaning due to neglect of the premises.
• Vacation Rental Damage Protection: As a part of your stay, you may purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. If purchased, the policy will pay a maximum benefit up to $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 or are not covered under the plan will be billed to the Occupant. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of the policy limit. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd. The Vacation Rental Damage plan can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Luther’s Vacation Rentals, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Luther’s Vacation Rentals, Inc. directly if you do not wish to participate in this assignment.
• Bed Bugs – Civil Code §1954.602 prohibits a landlord from showing, renting, or leasing a unit that the landlord knows has bed bugs. It does not require a landlord to inspect for bed bugs, but if a bed bug infestation is apparent, the landlord is considered to have knowledge of bed bugs in the unit.
• Mattress Protection – To protect both our guests and our units from bed bugs, we have covered all box springs and mattresses with protective covers that are bed bug and dust/allergen proof. If, upon arrival, you find that a bed or box spring is missing this cover, please notify management immediately.
• If you rip, remove, or dispose of this cover from a mattress or box spring, there is a $50 charge to replace it and you may be liable for additional damages to eradicate any infestation issues.
• In addition, to bed bug proof protectors, we have also covered all mattresses with waterproof pads. These pads are placed over the bed bug protectors.
• If you rip, remove, or dispose of this cover from a mattress, there is a $50 charge to replace it.
• Repairs – Occupant agrees to allow management to enter the premises to make necessary repairs during their stay. The need for repairs during an Occupants’ stay DOES NOT qualify Occupant for any kind of rebate/refund in rent. In the event the unit is found to be uninhabitable, we will make every attempt to find Occupant comparable accommodations or will refund the remainder of their stay.
• Transient Occupancy – Occupants are renting the premises as transient lodgers for the number of days specified in the agreement from the Owner who retains full legal, possessory, and access rights. All rentals of 31 days or less (or not scheduled from one calendar date to the same date the following month) are subject to a transient occupancy tax (TOT) of 10.5% of the total rent – subject to change without notice.
• Sublet – Occupant shall not let/sublet any/all part(s) of the premises nor assign this agreement or any interest in it without written consent from management.
• Abandonment – If Occupant abandons the premises or vacates before the check-out date, management may at their option re-enter the premises, take possession of and remove all property.
• Personal Property – is NOT insured. Occupants’ and/or guests’/ personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner, management, or, if applicable, HOA, against loss, or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause. Owner/Management does not insure against personal injury to Occupants, guests, or licensees.
• Occupant Insurance – Management recommends that Occupants carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupants, guests and licensees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
• Indemnity/Hold Harmless – Occupants agree to indemnify, defend, & hold harmless Owner/Management from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs, & attorney’s fees resulting from loss, damage, or injury to Occupants, guests, licensees & their personal property.
• Mediation – Occupants agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising out of this Agreement, or any resulting transaction, before resorting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved.
• Megan’s Law – Pursuant to Sec 290.46 of the Penal Code, information about specified registered sex offenders is made available to the public at www.meganslaw.ca.gov. Occupants wanting further information should visit the web site directly.
• Occupant will not disturb, annoy, endanger or interfere with other occupants of the building or neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, violate any law or ordinance. It is further agreed and understood between occupant, agent and owner that any disturbances resulting in neighborhood complaints or police action will cause tenancy to be subject to termination forthwith and all monies to be forfeited to the landlord.
• It is further agreed that in the event of party activity in the unit resulting in neighbor complaints and/or police visit/investigation, occupant will pay a fine of $100.00 per occurrence. This fine is in addition to any other remedy available to Owner/Management and will be deducted from the security deposit or billed directly to Occupant.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions. We welcome your comments.